Tours by Efi Hackmey:
- September 2018 – Maryland
- May 2018 – Montana with Evan Drachman (cello)
- September 2017–May 2018 – Maryland with Evan Drachman (cello)
- September 2017 – Maryland
- February 2017 – Maryland with Evan Drachman (cello)
- February 2017 – North Carolina with Evan Drachman (cello)
- April 2016 – North Carolina with Evan Drachman (cello)
- April 2016 – Maryland with Evan Drachman (cello)
- May 2011 – Idaho with Raquela Sheeran (soprano)
- April 2011 – Wyoming with Raquela Sheeran (soprano)
- New York, 2010-2011 Ernst C. Stiefel Foundation Concert Series
- March–April 2010 – Texas West with Raquela Sheeran (soprano)
- New York, 2009-2010 Ernst C. Stiefel Foundation Concert Series
- New York, 2009-2010 EGL Charitable Foundation Concert Series
Efi Hackmey, Pianoefihackmey.com
Pianist Efi Hackmey performs widely as a soloist and chamber musician. He recently founded the Chiarina Chamber Players (http://chiarina.org), a concert series in Washington, DC, which he directs together with cellist Caroline Bean Stute. In 2013, he released an album on the Naxos label, which includes several World Premiere Recordings (Polish Violin Music with violinist Kinga Augustyn). His recent performances have included solo recitals at Lincoln Center’s Rose Studio and the Kennedy Center’s Millennium Stage, as well as the Chopin F minor concerto with the Haifa Symphony Orchestra in Israel. Mr. Hackmey has performed at Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall and the Mozarteum in Salzburg, Austria. A native of Israel, he has performed at the Tel Aviv Museum of Art, Jerusalem Music Center, and in special concerts presented by the Arthur Rubinstein International Music Society. He performed many additional concerts in Israel and Germany, and in the U.S. states of Alabama, California, DC, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wyoming. He has performed on Israeli TV Channel 2, and his recordings have been broadcast on the Israeli National Public Radio, and in the U.S. on WTSU, WRWA and WTJB.
Mr. Hackmey is an active chamber musician in the New York scene, with performances at Bargemusic, Kosciuszko Foundation and the Friends of Mozart series at Christ and St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church. A review of one of his New York performances quotes “excellent Israeli musician… under his fingers the piano sounded noble, and each phrase was full of character,” and further praises his “highly personal, thought through interpretation.” (Roman Markowicz, “Nowy Dziennik”).
Efi is also interested in reaching out to new audiences, and in this context he toured West Texas with acclaimed soprano Raquela Sheeran in March 2010. This tour, which was sponsored by the New York based Piatigorsky Foundation, included seven recitals in high schools and public libraries, and Raquela and Efi repeated the program later at an elementary school in Manhattan. In 2011, they continued their collaboration with extensive tours in Wyoming and Idaho.
Mr. Hackmey has served on the piano faculty at DePauw University, and he also taught at the Indiana University system, Montgomery College in Rockville, MD, and Summertrios chamber music festival. He holds a Doctor of Music degree from the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, and degrees in piano and conducting from Tel Aviv University. He has studied with Menahem Pressler, Pnina Salzman and Dina Turgeman, and has had additional coaching with Lazar Berman, Emanuel Ax, Richard Goode, Janos Starker, David Zinman, Richard Stoltzman and Jaime Laredo.