Tours by Rodrigo Garciarroyo:
- October–November 2017 – Louisiana South with Richard Dowling (piano)
- January 2017 – Texas West with Richard Dowling (piano)
- November 2016 – Georgia with Richard Dowling (piano)
- April 2016 – Massachusetts;Vermont with Richard Dowling (piano)
- October 2015 – New Mexico with Mario Alberto Hernández (piano)
- October 2014 – Minnesota with Mario Alberto Hernández (piano)
- New York 2014-2015 Ernst C. Stiefel Foundation Concert Series
- February–March 2014 – Texas East with Richard Dowling (piano)
- November 2013 – Louisiana North with Mario Alberto Hernández (piano)
- March–April 2013 – Maryland with Richard Dowling (piano)
- October 2012 – Wyoming with Mario Alberto Hernández (piano)
- April–May 2012 – Washington with Mario Alberto Hernández (piano)
- February 2012 – Florida West with Mario Alberto Hernández (piano)
Rodrigo Garciarroyo, Tenor
Since he was finalist in Carlo Morelli National Vocal Competition in 2007, tenor RODRIGO GARCIARROYO has been continuously performing throughout Mexico’s most important theatres. He has performed opera leading roles and sang dozens of concerts and operas in diverse venues and theatres in the US and Latin America. A robust, impassioned voice and captivating stage presence, as well as an innate, elegant musicality and exquisite acting skills have gained him the audience’s love and applause wherever he has performed, and motivated critics to describe him as “charming. An experienced, secure and refined professional, combining a rich timbre and a smooth legato with secure and heroic high notes; simply first class singing” (J. Bills, ProOpera magazine), and “There has been a glut of stellar tenors coming out of Mexico lately, andRodrigo Garciarroyo is the newest kid in the Pantheon.” (Larry Kellum, The Town Times, Connecticut).
He has been awarded the Olga Forrai Foundation and the Martina Arroyo Foundation scholarships to study in NYC; the International Vocal Arts Institute (IVAI) scholarship to study in Puerto Rico and Israel, and the Placido Domingo voice scholarship given by Sociedad Internacional de Valores de Arte Mexicano (SIVAM), Mexico’s most renowned young artist programme. He was also awarded an Artistic Residence by the Mexican Cultural Ministry (FONCA) to study abroad. In 2009, Mr. Garciarroyo made his debut at the Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center in New York singing Verdi’s Requiem, and in 2011 he sang Turiddu CAVALLERIA RUSTICANA, for his Palacio de Bellas Artes leading role debut, in Mexico City. In 2012 he founded the opera company Ópera Insurgente and in 2013, was named one of the top leaders of opera in Mexico by Lideres Mexicanos magazine.
His repertoire includes the tenor leading roles in CARMEN, LA TRAVIATA, LA BOHEME, IL TROVATORE, SAMSON & DALILA, TOSCA, IL TABARRO, MADAMA BUTTERFLY, MANON, ZAIDE, UN BALLO IN MASCHERA, DON GIOVANNI, and LES CONTES D’HOFFMANN; as well as in Mexican operas ANITA by Melesio Morales, and SALA DE ESPERA by Lorena Orozco. His concert repertoire includes songs, romanzas, chamber and symphonic music such as the tenor solos in Beethoven’s 9TH SYMPHONY and Carl Orff’s CARMINA BURANA. He has collaborated with conductors such as Enrique Diemecke, Enrique Patrón de Rueda, Fernando Lozano, Juan Carlos Lomónaco, Nikza Bareza, Carlos García Ruiz, Patrick Gardner and Willie Walters, among others.
Mr. Garciarroyo has studied with Arthur Levy, Joan Patenaude-Yarnell, Octavio Arévalo, Cesar Ulloa, Sherrill Milnes, Martina Arroyo, Joan Dornemann, Tito Capobianco, Rogelio Riojas-Nolasco, Lucy Arner, David Rosenmeyer, James Demster, Claude Corbeil, and Mario Alberto Hernández, among others.